Professional Service Agreement

Average Hourly Earnings Increase 0.4% in August

September 15, 2021

The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics has reported that real average hourly earnings for all employees increased 0.4 percent from July to August. This result stems from an increase of 0.6 percent in average hourly earnings combined with an increase of 0.3 percent in the Consumer Price Index (CPI). Real average hourly earnings decreased 0.9 percent from August 2020 to August 2021.